Camp Two Roads – is back for year 2 and we are bigger than ever!
Registration for 2020 is now open! Register Work at Camp
- Dates: August 23-28, 2020
- Location: Camp Yamhill; Yamhill, OR
- Camp registration period: Early bird registration runs until December 31st, 2019. $20 camp store credit included with all camper and CLAC registrations received before 2020. Registrations are accepted until July 1, 2020 or until capacity is reached. Late registrations will be accepted after July 1st (depending on availability) and will encure a $50 late registration fee.
- Questions: Contact the Director: Erin “Salmonberry” McPherson email@example.com or 971-328-1653
- Campers – Grades 3-12 in the fall of 2019
- Associate Counselor – 9th Grade and up in the fall of 2020
- Cabin Leaders – 11th Grade and up in the fall of 2020
Camp fees: payable by card or check, payment plans available.
Our goal is to offer high quality camp programming at an affordable cost to families.
- Campers – $300 ($50 late registration fee after July 1st, 2020)
- Associate Counselors – $150 – applications being accepted now, please register first and then fill out the application form.
- Cabin Leaders – $50 refundable deposit required. These positions will be hired as part of the Camp Staff. As such, a majority of their fees will be included in camp operating costs. – applications being accepted now, please register first and then fill out the application form.
- (optional) Camp Merchandise and High Ropes add-on will be available for purchase after March 1, 2020
Scholarships: We will be able to offer limited scholarships to offset camp fees this year. If you’re interested in applying for a scholarship, there is an option in the registration form to pay only the deposit and receive more information about scholarships when the application is ready.
Camp Mission and History:
Camp Two Roads believes that outdoor happiness deepens awareness, kinship and adventure. We strive to provide the tools necessary to empower young women to be confident leaders both in the outdoors and within their communities. We work to broaden their horizon of possibilities so that they have the courage and ability to blaze their own roads in life.
Our staff are well trained. With over 10 years experience working with all girl populations in the outdoors – they’re very good at what they do. Several Cabin Leaders have been former campers of our programming themselves. In fact, 2 of our current Senior Staff began as 4th grade campers and have never left! All of our adult staff are background checked.
Campers develop confidence with outdoor skills such as knots/lashing, compasses and fire building. Also, they learn how to cook in the outdoors, study nature and build positive communication skills through teamwork challenges. Recreation activities include, swimming and water sport, archery, arts and crafts, hiking and more. Each evening brings a full campfire program and late night activities include a night hike, and an outdoor movie under the stars with popcorn or an all-camp dance. We turn off the technology for a full week and exercise interpersonal skills. Camp Two Roads is fun, safe and an important opportunity for young women to get to know themselves and the world around them.
Campers: Cabins are assigned by grade level in the fall and we try to limit a cabin to no more than 2 grade levels. Cabin buddies may request each other on their participant information forms. Each cabin will be led by a Cabin Leader and Associate Counselor, with approximately 10 campers.
Ready To Join Our Leadership Team? Apply Now
CLAC Staff Responsibilities:
- Serve as a positive role model for girls.
- Assist senior staff to provide high quality outdoor programming to younger girls.
- Attend all required meetings for camp, including pre-camp training, evening team building meetings and camp tear down on Friday.
- Maintain effective communication, teamwork and problem solving skills
- Supervise cabin units during the evening cabin programming, including campfire and light out.
CLAC – In Training: Our oldest campers have the option to be our youngest level of leadership. While enjoying the majority of the week as a camper, they will also work with senior staff to ensure a successful week of camp for younger campers. They will participate in leadership training with Senior Staff and their Cabin Leaders. This track will help to prepare them for the next step of leadership: Associate Counselor.
Associate Counselors: Girls entering 9th grade or above may apply. ACs work with CLs and Senior Staff to ensure a successful week of camp for all campers. They will be assigned to one cabin of campers and will assist in daytime programming areas, recreation activities, and all cabin time activities. ACs pay a reduced camp fee of $150 per week. If your teen is interested in applying to be an AC, you should still register them for camp using the link above and pay the $50 deposit. We will follow-up with information on how to apply for an AC role.
Cabin Leaders: Girls entering 11th grade or above may apply to be a Cabin Leader. They are responsible for a cabin and fulfill a larger leadership role at camp mentoring associate counselors and younger girls during the daytime and in the evening, facilitating activities during the day and leading cabin program in the evenings. They are responsible for 8-10 campers with the support of an Associate Counselor.
Applications for CLAC staff are available now. Upon registration, payment of $50 refundable deposit will be required. The deposit will be returned upon arrival at camp. In the event that a position on CLAC staff is not offered, the deposit will be refunded or can be put towards the cost of a camper registration at any TSUGA camp during the 2020 season.
In the event you cancel your reservation, refunds are defined below:
- Notice of cancellation must be submitted in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Refund will be issued in the same manner payment was made. If the payment was made by credit card, then the refund will be credited back to the card.
- 100% Refundable registration will be reimbursed (minus the deposit) if written notice is received prior to June 1st, 2020
- 50% of refundable registration will be refunded between June 1st and July 1st.
- Cancellations received after July 1st will forfeit full registration costs.
- Please allow 4-6 weeks to receive your refund.
- Participants who are asked to leave or choose to leave during a Camp session will not receive a refund.
Already registered and looking for packing lists, directions to camp and other important camp information?
2019 Parent Packet 2020 info coming soon.
Camp is an experience every child deserves. Help us to minimize registration costs for families and add additional programming.