A place for girls to become empowered young women.
Camp Two Roads – this is a BRAND NEW program designed by TCC to empower young women to reach their full potential.
- Dates: June 23-28, 2019
- Location: Canyonview Camp, Silverton Or.
- Camp registration period: early bird registration begins in February.
- Questions: Contact the Director:
- Erin “Salmonberry” McPherson [email protected] or 971-328-1653
- Campers and Next Generation Leaders- Grades 4-8 in the fall of 2019
- Associate Cabin Leaders – 9th Grade and up in the fall of 2019
- Cabin Leaders – 10th Grade and up in the fall of 2019
Camp Mission and History:
Camp Two Roads believes that outdoor happiness deepens awareness, kinship and adventure. We strive to provide the tools necessary to empower young women to be confident leaders both in the outdoors and within their communities. We work to broaden their horizon of possibilities so that they have the courage and ability to blaze their own roads in life.
Our staff are well trained. With over 10 years experience working with all girl populations in the outdoors – they’re very good at what they do. Several Cabin Leaders have been former campers of our programming themselves. In fact, 2 of our current Senior Staff began as 4th grade campers and have never left! All of our adult staff are background checked.
Campers develop confidence with outdoor skills such as knots/lashing, compasses and fire building. Also, they learn how to cook in the outdoors, study nature and build positive communication skills through teamwork challenges. Recreation activities include, swimming and water sport, archery, arts and crafts, hiking and more. Each evening brings a full campfire program and late night activities include a night hike, and an outdoor movie under the stars with popcorn or an all-camp dance. We turn off the technology for a full week and exercise interpersonal skills. Camp Two Roads is fun, safe and an important opportunity for young women to get to know themselves and the world around them.
Our goal is to offer high quality camp programming at an affordable cost to families. We are waiting on potential grant and fundraising monies to determine the specific cost of camp.
- Campers – not to exceed $300.
- Associate Counselors – not to exceed the cost of room and board.
- Cabin Leaders – No Cost. These positions will be hired as part of the Camp Staff. As such, their fees will be included in operating costs.