As any Community is served by an elected Planning Commission, so is Tsuga guided by an elected Board of Directors. Partnerships, resource development and strategic planning are all functions of this group. The Commission is loyal, passionate and talented. They bear the greatest amount of organizational responsibility, do most of the heavy lifting but receive the least amount of recognition. To those amazing people listed below… Thank YOU!
To all the Campers wanting to be just like their Counselor when they grow up…
We’ve got even bigger plans for your college and adult years with the Tsuga Community.
Please visit our page “Work at Camp” to learn more about becoming a member of the Tsuga team.
Colleen “Kumquat” Smyth, 2019 Commission President
Colleen has been involved with TCC for 10 years, serving as a counselor from 2009-2011, the media intern in 2012, and as a senior staff member since 2017. During the “off-season,” she works as a high school math teacher in Portland. Colleen is thrilled to be taking on this new role with TCC and looks forward to another amazing year of camp in 2019! Her goal for this year is to strengthen TCC’s community partnerships, especially with the Oregon military community.
Current Commission Members:
- Colleen “Kumquat” Smyth, Commission President
- Doug “Marshmallow” Sam, Secretary
- Tyler “Stretch” Andrews, Treasurer
- Erin “Salmonberry” McPherson, Fundraising Events Coordinator
Erin has a long history in science and environmental education, working for Outdoor School and OMSI, and currently an elementary school teacher in the Reynolds School District. She first became involved with TCC in 2012 when her oldest daughter was a camper. She has served as our Fundraising Events Coordinator for several years, stepping away briefly to develop her own outdoor programming for girls-which is now welcomed into the TCC family at Camp Two Roads. She is excited to again be serving this community and ensuring the future of our community.
- Brandon “Current” Vaughn, Corporate & Donor Engagement Coordinator
Brandon started as a camper back in 2009 and has been with the program ever since. His love for the outdoors has carried into his roles as a counselor, cabin area manager, and now the Board’s Fundraising Director. You can’t miss his voice around the camp fire or the fast paced and caring energy he has in organizing the daily activities. TCC helped shape Brandon from a young age to be a great leader and a loving listener. He is excited to help ensure the future of the program which will continue to better the community.
- Lauren “Scuttle” McGillivray, Military Liaison
Alumni Commission Members:
- Alise Mosely – Small Business Networking (2014 – 2016)
- Brian Stitt – Media Production (2012 – 2015)
- Janna Marshall – Military Families Liaison (2014 – 2015)
- Dan Miner, President – Military Community Coordination (2017)
- Mark Ronning, Secretary – Organizational Strategies (2013 – 2017)
- Auggie Ford, Treasurer – High Counsel / Commission Liaison (2010 – 2017)
- Ethan Erikson – Founder / Executive Director