As any Community is served by an elected Planning Commission, so is Tsuga guided by an elected Board of Directors. Partnerships, resource development and strategic planning are all functions of this group. The Commission is loyal, passionate and talented. They bear the greatest amount of organizational responsibility, do most of the heavy lifting but receive the least amount of recognition. To those amazing people listed below… Thank YOU!
To all the Campers wanting to be just like their Counselor when they grow up…
We’ve got even bigger plans for your college and adult years with the Tsuga Community.
Please visit our page “Work at Camp” to learn more about becoming a member of the Tsuga team.
Current 2020 Commission Members:
Colleen “Kumquat” Smyth, President
Colleen has been involved with Tsuga for 10 years, serving as a counselor from 2009-2011, the media intern in 2012, and as a senior staff member since 2017. During the “off-season,” she works as a high school math teacher in Portland. Colleen is thrilled to be continuing in the role of President for a second year and looks forward to making another amazing summer of camp happen for 2020.
Erin “Salmonberry” McPherson, Vice President
Erin has a long history in science and environmental education, working for Outdoor School and OMSI, and currently an elementary school teacher in the Reynolds School District. She first became involved with TCC in 2012 when her oldest daughter was a camper. She has served as our Fundraising Events Coordinator for several years, stepping away briefly to develop her own outdoor programming for girls-which is now welcomed into the TCC family as Camp Two Roads. She is excited to again be serving this community and ensuring the future of our community.
Kara “Razz” Landen, Secretary
Tyler “Stretch” Andrews, Treasurer
Eric “Viking” Johansen, Member-at-large
Alumni Commission Members:
- Doug “Marshmallow” Sam, Secretary (2018-19)
- Brandon “Current” Vaughn, Corporate & Donor Engagement Coordinator (2018-19)
- Lauren “Scuttle” McGillivray, Military Liaison (2018-19)
- Alise Mosely – Small Business Networking (2014 – 2016)
- Brian Stitt – Media Production (2012 – 2015)
- Janna Marshall – Military Families Liaison (2014 – 2015)
- Dan Miner, President – Military Community Coordination (2017)
- Mark Ronning, Secretary – Organizational Strategies (2013 – 2017)
- Auggie Ford, Treasurer – High Counsel / Commission Liaison (2010 – 2017)
- Ethan Erikson – Founder / Executive Director